So I arrived in Portland and don’t even know where to begin when it comes to “Feast Portland” events! The city is buzzing and jammed packed with so much awesome it’s hard to decide where to go first. I definitely have a few on my radar including “Old MacDonald Had A Brewery“, “Bourbon And Beyond: The New World Of American Whiskey” and Saturdays main event “Oregonian Media Group Smoked!“
Smoked! is described on the Feast site as:
Don’t call it a cookout! The festival’s newest marquee event closes out the weekend with a sizzling celebration of animal, vegetable, fire, sea and forest. Featuring top masters of the flame from Portland and around the country, this event will stoke your appetite for everything flamed, grilled and free-ranged. Set to the tune of bold Northwest wines, classic cocktails and an epic view of the Fremont Bridge, Smoked! is ready to spark things up with live fire and some of the best bites of the weekend..
Featuring this spectacular group of chefs:
- Ben Bettinger, Laurelhurst Market (Portland, OR)
- Kyra Bussanich, Kyra’s Bake Shop (Lake Oswego, OR)
- Beau Carr, RingSide Steakhouse (Portland, OR)
- Maylin Chavez and Melissa Mayer, Olympia Oyster Bar (Portland, OR)
- Jose Chesa, Ataula (Portland, OR)
- Matt Christianson, Urban Farmer Restaurant (Portland, OR)
- Chris Cosentino, Cockscomb (San Francisco, CA)
- Greg Denton And Gabrielle Quiñónez Denton, OX Restaurant (Portland, OR)
- Elizabeth Falkner, Falk Yeah Productions (Brooklyn, NY)
- Tommy Habetz And Nick Wood, Bunk Sandwiches (Portland, OR)
- Vivian Howard, Chef & the Farmer (Kinston, NC)
- Paul Kahan, The Publican (Chicago, IL)
- Gavin Kaysen, Spoon and Stable (Minneapolis, MN)
- Scott Ketterman, Crown Paella (Portland, OR)
- Tyler Malek, Salt & Straw (Portland, OR)
- Tony Maws, Craigie on Main (Cambridge, MA)
- Nong Poonsukwattana, Nong’s Khao Man Gai (Portland, OR)
- Andy Ricker, Pok Pok (Portland, OR)
- Allen Routt, The Painted Lady (Newberg, OR)
- Adam Sappington, The Country Cat (Portland, OR)
- Chris Shepherd, Underbelly (Houston, TX)
- John Tesar, Knife at The Highland Dallas (Dallas, TX)
- Justin Woodward, Castagna Restaurant (Portland, OR)
This one ranks high on my to do list and if it’s anything like the “Sandwich Invitational” then I’m guaranteeing a fantastic time.
Wish me luck and keep your eyes (and tastebuds) peeled for more updates and on my Instagram feed!
Time to Feast!